Dynamics 365 Business Central is an ERP offering that Microsoft extends to businesses of a small or medium size.
This business edition of Microsoft’s ERP brings a lot to the table. Businesses using Dynamics NAV see Business Central as the future to their roadmap and since then have been rigorously migrating to Business Central. This cloud-based, all-in-one business management solution helps customers upgrade to one single, comprehensive solution to manage finances, operations, sales and customer service.
Table of Contents
D365 Business Central – to streamline processes and improve customer relations:
Dynamics 365 Business Central can revolutionize the way your business performs. Streamlining, automating and keeping track of customer engagement reaches an entirely new level. It is of great value as it integrates effortlessly with Microsoft Cloud services and can be customized for any specified industry.
Here are features that distinguish Dynamics 365 Business Central as a great ERP system:
- Financial management: It enables you to streamline your financials close and achieve real-time visibility on your business performance. It enables a secure and safe way of sharing business information and gaining control over your cash flow and budget.
- Report & Analysis: This feature gives you a centralized view of your financial management data across accounting, sales, purchasing, inventory, and customer interactions. You can make faster and much more informed decisions as your reports are based on predictive analysis, connected processes, and real-time data, ensuring precision.
- Order Processing: Automated workflows and dynamically updated inventory levels enable you to monitor and control your sales-order purchasing processes. This ability prevents possibly fraudulent purchases by making enough room for approvals and modifying already posted invoices.
- Sales & Marketing: Deliver engaging customer experiences by aligning content and processes with respect to touchpoints defined. Campaign Management, Contact Management, Document Management and Generation, Email Integration, Mobile Sales, Opportunity Management, Sales Order and Process Management and Tasks/Interaction Management are the functionalities involved.
- Warehouse management: A flexible, modular structure enables the addition of new or custom functionality over time to match the growth and evolution of the business.
- Resource & Project Management: Manage usage levels and profitability of resources by planning capacity and sales. Develop, modify, and control budgets to avoid over-expenditure
- Service management: Extends sales invoicing to include recurring invoicing and service order/invoicing. Enables the management of loan items & replacements and contracted periodic billing mechanisms.
Frequently Asked Questions – Dynamics 365 Business Central version: (Top Seven)
- Which applications are available in Dynamics 365 Business Central?
Dynamics 365 Business Central comprises of the following functionalities:
- Financial Management – general ledger, workflows and audit trails, bank management, budgets, deferrals, bank reconciliation, dimensions, fixed assets and currencies.
- Sales and Service Management
- Customer Relational Management – contacts, campaigns, opportunity management and built-in integration with Dynamics 365 for Sales.
- Supply Chain and inventory Management – sales order management, basic receivables, purchase order management, locations, item transfers, and basic warehousing.
- Human Resources – employees and expense management.
- Project and operations Management – resources, estimates, jobs and time sheets.
- Is Dynamics 365 Business Central available in the cloud?
Indeed! While all Dynamics 365 applications are available on Azure Cloud, Dynamics 365 Business Central is one such ERP solution which is accessible only through a Cloud Service Provider (like technology management concepts) and isn’t usually provided directly by Microsoft.
- How does Dynamics 365 Business Central integrate with other Microsoft Solutions?
Yes, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central offers a first-party business solution with fully integrated analytics and productivity, all at cloud-level.
- What industries benefit out of Dynamics 365 Business Central?
Business Central is at disposal for any business to use which means almost all industries are inclusive. If your business has additional and specific needs that need to be carried out, approaching a partner would be wise. Reselling partners offer a much more comprehensive outlook on the industry and at a certain level, can help you beyond D365 BC and its extensions.
- How do I migrate my data into Dynamics 365 Business Central?
With respect to the finance system that your business has adopted, you may transfer information about customers, vendors and bank accounts. To begin the migration process, you can start out by getting an assisted setup guide to get much needed assistance on the data transfer. Files with an Intuit Interchange Format can be uploaded for the transfer of data from applications like QuickBooks, if not, a direct import from excel is also possible.
- Is there a difference between D365 Business Central on-premises and D365 Business Central online?
Dynamics NAV is the older version of the new Dynamics 365 Business Central. What’s new about Business Central is that it delivers on cloud while NAV can be installed on-premises or in cloud. Business central has retained NAV’s features including finance and Operations Management, Sales, and Service.
- Is it necessary to purchase Microsoft 365 along with D365 Business Central?
It isn’t a necessity, but, if you would like to test out Business Central as part of Microsoft 365, then you’re in for a treat. Microsoft provides a one-month free trial of Microsoft 365 for you to explore the full experience.
The integration helps you to freely navigate between Microsoft 365 apps and Business Central with the help of app launcher. It also helps you open data in Excel, print reports using Word and work with the data on Outlook.
DemandDynamics and D365 Business Central
Reach your business goals step-by-step with D365 BC. For a much more efficient process, contact an implementation partner today.
This is where DemandDynamics comes in. Our On-Demand-Services that run on a pay-as-you-use model might be of interest to you. Please reach out for a short call if we managed to pique your interest with our resources and expertise.