How do you make sure that your ERP helps you automate and streamline key processes?
The answer lies in not just picking the right technology but in implementing an ERP that is a functional and business fit.
This 10 point checklist will help you narrow down on the right ERP software.
- To close the gap between where you are and where you could be it is important to understand and note down key business objectives that your organization plans to achieve post-implementation.
- What are your current processes and how well will they play along with your new software? ERP implementations are high stake projects and a thorough analysis of current processes is essential before taking the big step.
- Is the time ripe for ERP implementation? Conduct a readiness assessment audit and a steering committee to confirm implementation readiness. Explore solutions based on the timelines and recommendations of the findings.
- Develop a plan that clearly outlines the business objectives that you seek to achieve. Ensure the ERP solution that you are planning to invest in intersects with current and future business needs.
- The ERP that you plan to implement may pack in a bunch of cutting-edge features but is it a functional fit? Request for a demo of the product and have key stakeholders present to ensure the ERP solution is a functional fit.
- Your business scales with time. So should your ERP. Most organizations invest in expensive software that they cannot live with after a few years as it ceases to meet the demands of their business. Invest in technology that offers scalability.
- The main objective of an ERP is to track activities and provide visibility across various corporate functions. For example, a manufacturer would demand visibility across the supply chain, from inventory management to final shipment. Ensure your ERP offers not just visibility but features that enable cross-functional collaboration.
- An ERP should meet a multitude of success factors. Have a list of critical success factors that it has to meet along with timelines to ensure continuous success.
- Create a roadmap along with your ERP project team and share it with ERP software and implementation vendors. Discuss it during kick-off calls to zero in on vendors who are most likely to deliver ERP within your budget, timelines, and change management plans.
- An ERP implementation can place a strain on existing teams and disrupt workflows. Choosing not just the right technology but also the right partner to implement it will give you an advantage right from the get-go.
Implementing an ERP solution gets you started on a journey of automated workflows, happier teams, and newer ways of working. To achieve quick and measurable progress it is important to get the first step of the journey right- selecting the right solution. Need help? Contact our ERP support specialists.
Need help with a similar project?
Give us a brief of your business challenge, and our representative will reach out to you in no-time to arrange a quick call with our experts.