Emerging technologies have proven to be highly beneficial to businesses across the globe, and ERP systems are upgrading themselves to brace for change. Microsoft has had a long journey as a pioneer in the ERP space. From Dynamics GP, it soon transformed into Dynamics NAV, Dynamics AX, and then the popular Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations (F&O). Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations has been split into two different Dynamics 365 applications – Dynamics 365 Finance and Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management.
Microsoft launched several Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management features to achieve smooth functioning in operations such as inventory, order management, and logistics.
Table of Contents
What is Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management (D365 SCM)?
Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O’s Supply Chain Management empowers organizations to build an agile, connected, and resilient supply chain. Interferences between AI and IoT-enabled features help streamline planning, production, warehouse, and transport. Dynamics 365 Finance features primarily enhance product quality and profitability.
In layman’s terms, it streamlines supply chain operations that not just cope with the pandemic challenges but also help predict and deal with new hurdles that may arise.
How does Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management features benefit Organizations?
- Improving performance, efficiency and safety with the added advantage of intelligent guidance.
- Detect and resolve issues which in turn increase product quality.
- End-to-end visibility into warehouse operations which optimize the efficiency once again.
- Manage the capacity and consumption of raw materials, helping in maintaining equipment effectiveness.
Unique and cutting-edge Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management (D365 SCM) features:
Just like anything new, Dynamics 365 SCM offers new features that help organizations in enhancing their manufacturing operations.
Here are 8 features of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
- IoT support: IoT, AI, mixed reality and machine learning are only a few amongst all the new technology used to bring Supply Chain Management to life. IoT support majorly helps in managing shop floor and equipment operations while boosting uptime, throughput and quality.
- Automation: In today’s tech world, automation is everything and Supply Chain Management enables organizations to drive automation through all their processes to optimize the use of space and reduce downtime of assets.
- Machine-Learning (ML): Built-in ML capabilities help receive timely guidance and recommendations on how to manage an inventory. Effective management of materials and finished goods is also taken care of using configurable ML based guidance.
- Prediction: Predictive insights allow organizations in identifying issues before they occur and prevent downtime and over the top maintenance costs. As a result, there is improved quality and customer satisfaction for the unforeseeable future.
- Planning optimization add-in: The add-in helps manufacturing organizations carry out production planning in real-time keeping key checkpoints like customer demand and material availability in account.
- Field service integration: An integration between Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management and Dynamics 365 Field Service opens the gate for organizations to improve resource management and automate across their workload.
- Power BI Analytics: Embedding Power BI Analytics strengthens the organization to speed up inbound and outbound processes. Real-time intelligence and end-to-end visibility are top perks that an organization receives.
- Asset management add-in: Planning, predicting and performing are enabled by the asset management add-in which includes predictive, corrective, condition and preventive, and extend the life and performance of their equipment.
Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management features are powerful, agile, and holistically cater to manufacturers’ demands for increasing production, productivity and efficiency. The cloud-based solution can entirely transform your company’s productivity with actionable insights using a single source of data.
Why DemandDynamics, Though?
DemandDynamics is working on empowering business leaders to transform their organizations by increasing the speed of doing business and driving today’s success into the future. Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management is powerful, agile, and everything that a manufacturer demands: a perfect formula for levelling up production and efficiency.
With DemandDynamics you can:
- Increase the speed of doing business
- Grow at a comfortable pace
- Transform your business faster
- Make decisions smarter and quicker
Manufacturers struggle to get past operational challenges that weigh them down, but, Dynamics 365 SCM and its improved features can help power efficiency and productivity which automatically improves cash flow.
On a final note, Dynamics 365 SCM is something that is capable of entirely transforming the productivity of your company with actionable insights and a single truth of data, if you’re a manufacturer, this could be the boost you’ve been looking for!