A Guide to Dynamics 365 Business Central Implementation
A properly functioning ERP streamlines various business processes such as finance, sales, purchase, project management, manufacturing, reporting and analysis, and inventory management. Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is exceptionally capable and can handle all these functions.
There are numerous layers to a Dynamics 365 Business Central implementation. Professional assistance is recommended to carefully curate a plan and strategy that works best. Multiple factors such as the business size, number of users, and data transfer volume, contribute to the duration and cost of the implementation.
There are numerous ERP software products on the market, but why pick Dynamics 365 Business Central? What makes it the ideal choice?
Top Reasons to opt for the Dynamics 365 Business Central ERP
- Cost-efficient: Dynamics 365 Business Central decreases IT and software expenditure, which helps control and reduce the overall costs.
- Helps define roles: Dynamics 365 BC has an interface that identifies every employee and their role. This also allows them easy information access, which boosts employee productivity.
- Sales monitoring: Business Central ERP comes with tools that monitor sales cycles and can prioritize customers based on their interests.
- Optimizes supply chain: It helps utilize warehouse space to its total capacity while optimizing the supply. This enables companies to maintain a robust supply chain, which improves productivity.
- Flexibility: Businesses can be managed from anywhere, anytime, and from any device.
- Security: Security is a top priority with Dynamics 365 BC. It helps organizations establish various security roles for each employee, and sensitive information is fully guarded.
What steps are involved in the D365 Business Central implementation process?
Steps to Implement a Dynamics 365 Business Central ERP system:
- Discovery and analysis: Subject matter experts develop business requirements and analyze how well the ERP system fits their business. They identify functionality gaps and deliver a document of their findings and a recommended course of action for the implementation.
- Detailed project plan: With the help of the findings document, a detailed project plan with milestones is created. It will include start and due dates and information about the teams responsible for each task.
- Process re-engineering: If there is a need for process re-engineering, the ‘As is’ and ‘To be’ documentation of those processes will be created.
- Configuration: This is where the customization takes place. The Dynamics 365 Business Central ERP solution is tailored to suit business requirements and processes. Configuration comes at the cost of making changes to data entry, display format, and relevant reports.
- Software development: A designated team works to design, deliver, and provide the software solution and necessary training on the use of the software.
- Data migration: Businesses must keep all their previous records. Moving their existing system to Dynamics 365 Business Central means the new system must upload relevant data.
- Training: Employees depend on training to properly use the ERP application. Subject matter experts develop high-level process documentation during the training period to instruct members of respective teams.
- Pilot testing: This is where the critical functions of the Dynamics 365 BC will be tested and compared relative to the company’s business processes. The ERP will then be adjusted to improve utility.
- User-acceptance testing: A sequence of comprehensive tests verifies if Dynamics 365 Business Central correctly supports all business processes. Once it passes, the ERP solution is ready to go live.
- Go-live: A go-live plan is devised, and with the collaborative efforts of the organization’s team, the transition finally takes place.
- On-going support: Once the ERP is live, the Dynamics BC implementation partner will resolve discrepancies.
Dynamics 365 Business Central Implementation Best Practices:
- Strategically plan the implementation.
- Assess the current systems, data, and tools.
- Understand the existing Dynamics 365 Business Central functionalities before adding more modules or features.
- Build cross-functional teams to identify and rectify inefficiencies or bottlenecks with quality control.
- Get assistance from the IT team during the decision-making process.
- Documentation for the employees and training make them accustomed to the new ERP system.
Dynamics 365 Business Central Implementation Partner – DemandDynamics
The implementation process of any ERP is not advisable to perform with internal resources as they will be new to the ERP and will require more hours to complete the implementation. An external partner with more experience and successful implementations can help achieve faster and error-free results.
DemandDynamics is a Microsoft Gold partner that collaborates with organizations from numerous industries to implement the Dynamics 365 Business Central ERP solution tailored to their needs. The trained industry experts make Dynamics 365 Business Central implementation services seamless and efficient.
DemandDynamics works on a no subscription moto where companies can utilize services on-demand. The key benefit of this model is that you only pay for what you use with zero commitments.
If you need more information on the Dynamics 365 Business Central implementation, an expert can help you.