The following guide will walk you through on how to manually process a bank reconciliation in Business Central.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central | Bank Reconciliation
By: Lupe Haro – Microsoft Dynamics ERP Consultant
The following guide will walk you through on how to manually process a bank reconciliation in Business Central using the Bank Account Reconciliation window.
- In the Global Search , enter “Bank Account Reconciliation” and select the option in red.
- In the Bank Account Reconciliations window, select New > New.
- Select the bank account you want to reconcile and click OK.
- Enter the Statement Date you are reconciling and the Balance on the Statement in the corresponding fields.
- Under Process > Select “Suggest Lines” to populate the bank reconciliation with all posted bank transactions.
- Under Record type to process, select “Both” and you can also add a posting date filter, so the system only pulls transactios for the given period. Click “Ok” to pull the transactions.
- The system will pull the transactions and add them to the corresponding sections. At this point, you will need to mark all the transactions that cleared in the given period.
- Once you have completed the marking of cleared transactions, the “Difference” should be zero. If there is a difference or a transaction is missing it can be added within the Adjustments section of the reconciliation window. (NOTE: The reconciliation cannot be posted until the difference is zero)
NOTE: If the balance is not zero, here are a couple things to watch out for:
- Transactions posted directly to the general leder cash account and not to the bank ledger.
- Missing transactions in the bank reconciliation (These can be recorded in the Adjustments section.
- Transactions mistakenly marked as cleared or not cleared in the grid.
- Once all transactions are marked and the reconciliation difference is zero, you can post the reconciliation under Posting > Post.
Once posted you can reference posted reconciliations within the bank account card under Navigate > Bank Acc. > Posted Reconciliations.
Visit us at our DemandDynamics website or schedule a free consultation.
Need help with a similar project?
Give us a brief of your business challenge, and our representative will reach out to you in no-time to arrange a quick call with our experts.