In the active domain of supply chain management, where procurement, production, logistics, and distribution come together, challenges never abate. If you are the one steering this ship, you know the daily drill—supplier coordination, inventory management, cost consideration—it is a lot to juggle. That is where Dynamics 365 for Supply Chain can be a helpful guide in this maze. This blog explores how Dynamics 365 simplifies operations and ensures smooth coordination between your daily hurdles and the demands of your supply chain.
Table of Contents
Supply chain visibility
Supply chain visibility traces the movement of goods and materials from their origin to the final point of consumption. Know where the goods are, when they are expected to arrive, and their condition. Inventory levels, shipment progress, and transportation status are critically monitored.
Challenges with supply chain visibility
Lack of real-time data: The lack of real-time data about the movement of goods can lead to problems such as excess inventory costs, customer dissatisfaction, and stockouts.
For instance, if businesses do not have access to real-time data, they may not be able to track the movement of goods in their supply chain. This can lead to excess inventory costs because they may order more inventory than they need. On the contrary, an inventory shortage can lead to stockouts as they may not have enough inventory to meet demand.
Siloed information and communication gaps: Communication gaps and limited data sharing between departments can severely hinder getting a complete picture of goods movement.
Difficulty tracking inventory and shipments: Complications across the supply chain processing, such as shipment delays, inventory mismanagement, and supplier issues, can lead to lost sales and stockouts.
Inefficiencies in supplier and vendor management: Hassles in the management of an extensive network of suppliers and vendors can lead to coordination problems and impact supply chain performance.
How Dynamics 365 solves supply chain visibility issues
Dynamics 365 is a powerful suite of business applications that can help companies achieve supply chain visibility. Some of the features of Dynamics 365 that can help with supply chain visibility include:
Inventory Visibility Add-in: The Inventory Visibility Add-in provides real-time visibility into inventory levels across the supply chain. This helps avoid stockouts and optimize inventory levels. You can see exactly where your products are at any given time and use the information to optimize inventory levels by ordering only the amount of goods you need.
Here are some of the key features of the Inventory Visibility Add-in:
- Real-time inventory visibility across all data sources and channels
- Centralized tracking of inventory status
- On-demand querying of on-hand stock availability
- Real-time soft reservations to avoid overselling
- Accurate current or next-available dates for promised orders
- Extensibility through RESTful APIs
Supply Chain Insights: Supply Chain Insights uses data from various sources, including ERP systems, transportation management systems, and warehouse management systems, to identify operational gaps and reduce costs.
- Seamless integration with your current systems breaks down data barriers and fosters a continuous workflow.
- Identify and manages supply chain risks: Supply Chain Insights uses real-time data and advanced machine learning to predict and address potential disruptions, such as weather events, political instability, and supplier issues.
- Empowers better decisions through business continuity planning: Simulate various strategies to foresee the impact on operations and avoid costly disruptions.
Power BI integration: Dynamics 365 integrates with Power BI, a powerful business intelligence platform that creates dashboards and reports in Dynamics 365. It helps organizations visualize their supply chain data from various sources and share it across internal teams. A few of its features include:
- Real-time data tracking across the supply chain for informed decisions
- Integration of data from various sources for a comprehensive view
- Advanced analytics to identify trends and improve decision-making
- Seamless collaboration with stakeholders for enhanced visibility
According to a Forrester report, Dynamics 365 for Supply Chain helps manufacturers reduce inventory levels by an average of 10 percent, improve their on-time delivery rate by up and above 5 percent, and save up to $10 million annually.
Make the most of Dynamics 365 for Supply Chain with DemandDynamics
Ready to enhance supply chain visibility? At DemandDynamics, we specialize in comprehensive solutions to optimize supply chain visibility. Our expert team will guide you through Dynamics 365 implementation and ensure seamless integration, tailored customization, and ongoing support to meet your unique needs.
Reach out today and leverage your supply chain’s full potential. Let us help you achieve exceptional performance in your supply chain operations.