Dynamics 365 is a cloud-based application that allows businesses to maintain business data across various systems with end-to-end visibility and analysis capabilities.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations Licensing and Pricing Guide
Dynamics 365 is a cloud-based application that allows businesses to maintain business data across various systems with end-to-end visibility and analysis capabilities. However, Microsoft Dynamics 365 has simplified business application licensing based on user subscription. Once you choose which Dynamics 365 application you will start with, you must select the right licensing that fits your requirement because,
“Unused licenses create up to 38% of technology waste for companies.”
If you are looking to implement Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations (F&O), this guide will help you make the right decision on licensing for your business.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Licensing Types:
The standard Microsoft Dynamics 365 user subscriptions include –
- User Licenses: A user license in Dynamics 365 refers to the license dedicated to a particular user with unique access to Dynamics 365. As the user licenses are dedicated licenses, these cannot be shared. These user licenses are further classified as –
- Full Users: This is for members who need to have full access regularly to the core functionalities of Dynamics 365. Roles such as Admin and IT require this to complete most daily chores as well as larger projects.
- Team Members: This is for members tagged to more than one job/responsibility or members that need to access the system for light tasks like timesheet entries and reporting purposes.
- Unassigned Licenses: These licenses provide access to a feature or service at the tenant level, regardless of the user or device involved. The options include full application access, cross-application access, and additional capacity for components that may be subject to capacity limits.
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations – An Overview
Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O is an Enterprise Resource Planning app that facilitates the management of business-critical processes. It helps effectively manage and plan everything financial for your company such as accounting, warehousing, inventory, and transportation functions.
This Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations comes with two different modules –
- Dynamics 365 Finance (for budgeting, financials, accounting, and project management)
- Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management (for engineering, manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution).
Dynamics 365 Finance allows companies to monitor and forecast the success of global financial operations in real-time. It saves time, enhances collaboration, and allows quicker data-driven choices to drive growth. As a part of Dynamics 365, Finance is deeply connected across Dynamics 365 modules, Office 365, and also third-party partner apps. It is licensed per user and requires a minimum purchase.
Dynamics 365 Supply Chain provides the real-time visibility and intelligence that manufacturers, distributors, and retailers need for their business operations. It also uses predictive insights from AI across processes to maximize operational efficiency, product quality, and profitability. Supply Chain Management is also licensed per user and has minimum purchase requirements.
Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations Licensing
Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O is available in 4 user licenses – full user, operations activity, team member, and device licenses.
- Full UserLicense gives full access to all the Finance and Operations features.
- Operations Activity License gives access to transactional tasks with Finance and Operations.
- Team MemberLicense for users that don’t require full access to all functions except to view and analyze data within the apps and carry out some minor tasks.
- Device License is a cost-effective option for businesses. With a Device License, any number of users can access a licensed device with individual logins without the need for separate user licenses.
Related: How to get a free trial for Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations (F&O)?
Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations Pricing
Dynamics 365 offers excellent value by allowing users to choose and subscribe to applications they will need. The most powerful licenses with the most features and benefits will also have a higher cost associated with that license.
It is crucial to keep licensing options and your requirements in mind while adopting Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations for your business.
If you would like to explore more about the licensing and pricing options for Dynamics 365 Finance and Operation or need to analyze the right licensing that fits your requirements, reach out to our experts!
Need help with a similar project?
Give us a brief of your business challenge, and our representative will reach out to you in no-time to arrange a quick call with our experts.