Microsoft Dynamics 365 has some of the leading ERP and CRM solutions on the market including two major ERPs – Finance & Operations and Business Central.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations vs. Business Central– Key differences
Microsoft Dynamics 365 has some of the leading ERP and CRM solutions on the market including two major ERPs – Finance & Operations and Business Central. Both the ERP solutions feature exclusive characteristics and capabilities that can fit any organizational requirements. While Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations aims to help businesses elevate financial performances, Business Central facilitates efficient and automated business processes without any silos. Deciding which of the two ERPs works best for you can be complicated, but consider all of your business requirements and one will rise above the other.
Let’s find out how the two ERP solutions differ in their capabilities.
What are Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations and Dynamics 365 Business Central?
Both Finance & Operations and Business Central are world-class leading ERP solutions available to all sized businesses.
Finance and Operations is an ERP solution that helps organizations improve their financial performance with enhanced reporting, optimized production, scheduling, operations and cost management, supply chain automation, fulfillment, and logistics. All of these functions come with a flexible platform, customizable to reduce the time spent learning to use these systems. Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations has been recently reconstructed as two solutions,
- Dynamics 365 Finance
- Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
Business Central is an advanced version of NAV (former integrated management software from Microsoft). It is suitable for small-to-midsize organizations and best for professionals who want to manage their finances and provide optimal customer service. Business Central is designed to meet the requirements and expectations of small and medium-sized businesses.
What is the Difference between Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations and Dynamics 365 Business Central?
Here are some of the key differences you need to know about both ERPs.
- Organization Size: Dynamics 365 Business Central is generally perceived as more suitable to SMBs, and Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations is more suited to larger organizations. Finance and Operations will be ideal for catering to larger business organizations with more than 500 employees.
- Modules: Dynamics Business Central is an all-in-one system that integrates with other modules but serves primarily as a stand-alone solution, whereas Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations is a solution that allows you to pick and choose whatever functionalities you feel the need to add.
- Total Cost of Ownership: Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations is built for large organizations. The total cost of ownership is unpredictable. Meanwhile, Business Central is well-suited to the needs of small and medium-sized businesses, with a low total cost of ownership.
- Core capabilities of ERP: The core capabilities of Business Central are across finance, operations, supply chain, CRM, and project management. Also, other additional capabilities are available in service management and manufacturing via the Premium package. Finance and Operations include advanced capability across finance, operations, manufacturing, and supply chain. Finance and Operations feature additional capability across HR, sales, projects, and customer service through the more comprehensive Dynamics 365 range.
- Implementation Cost: Depending on the size of the organization it serves, Business Central ERP is about 30% of the cost of the implementation in comparison to Finance and Operations. However, there are specific ways that you can ensure a cost-effective Finance and Operations implementation.
Licensing options and Pricing for Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP
For Dynamics 365 Business Central, there are two subscriptions available, which are offered via the Cloud or on-premise –
- Essentials license provided at $70 per month per user
- The premium license provided at $100 per month per user
For Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations, there are several plans, which includes two main plans,
- Unified Operations subscription at $190 per month per user
- Full Dynamics 365 plan for $210 per month per user
The figures about the pricing can be used as additional information to make a better Dynamics ERP choice. However, the best choice of your Dynamics 365 ERP should ultimately be based on your business needs, requirements, goals, and future vision with the solution.
What is Rapid Implementation and why it is the best implementation option?
Rapid Implementation is a value offering by DemandDynamics to provide a quick and cost-effective solution to your business and help you get started with critical business functionalities. With Dynamics 365 F&O Rapid Implementation, customers can save more on implementation costs, reduce unwanted customizations, minimize complexity, and get the quicker implementation of Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations.
Compared to a standard implementation, Rapid Implementation has a 50% reduced implementation timeline with critical functionalities, which reduces major costs and allows you to gain a faster return on investments.
If you would like to know more about how to accelerate your business financials and operations with the DemandDynamics Rapid Implementation plan, reach out to us or visit our website to learn more!