Imagine a world where your business thrives with the help of cutting-edge technology. Microsoft Dynamics 365 brings that vision to life, offering market-leading ERP and CRM solutions. Two standout champions emerge within this realm: Finance & Operations and Business Central. Each has strengths to cater to your organization’s unique needs.
Want to optimize your financial performance? Finance & Operations is here to help. Need seamless business process automation? Look no further than Business Central. Get ready to embark on an exciting journey to find the perfect ERP solution for your business. Let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations and Dynamics 365 Business Central — An overview
Finance and Operations enhances financial performance through improved reporting, optimized production, operations, cost management, and supply chain automation. These functions come with a flexible, customizable platform to reduce the time spent learning to use these systems. Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations has been recently reconstructed as two solutions,
- Dynamics 365 Finance
- Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
Business Central, an upgraded version of NAV, caters to small-to-midsize organizations and offers efficient financial management and superior customer service.
What is the Difference between Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations and Dynamics 365 Business Central?
Here are some key differences you need to know about both ERPs.
- Organization Size: Generally, SMEs perceive Dynamics 365 BC as a better fit, while larger organizations find Dynamics 365 F&O more suitable. D365 Finance and Operations proves ideal for meeting the needs of business organizations with over 500 employees.
- Modules: Though Dynamics 365 Business Central integrates with other modules, it primarily functions as a stand-alone all-in-one system. Alternatively, Finance and Operations empower you to add functionalities based on your needs selectively.
- Total Cost of Ownership: Large organizations choose Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations, despite its unpredictable total cost of ownership. In contrast, Business Central caters to the needs of SMEs, offering a low and predictable total cost of ownership.
- Core capabilities of ERP: The core capabilities of Business Central are across finance, operations, supply chain, CRM, and project management. In addition, other additional capabilities are available in service management and manufacturing via the Premium package. Finance and Operations include advanced ability across finance, operations, manufacturing, and supply chain. Finance and Operations feature additional capability across HR, sales, projects, and customer service through the more comprehensive Dynamics 365 range.
- Implementation Cost: Business Central ERP costs around 30% less than Finance and Operations, based on the organization’s size. However, there are specific ways that you can ensure a cost-effective Finance and Operations implementation.
Licensing options and Pricing for Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP
Dynamics 365 Business Central offers two subscriptions, available on the Cloud or on-premise:
- Essentials license provided at $70 per month per user
- The premium license is provided at $100 per month per user
For Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations, there are several plans, which include two main plans,
- Unified Operations subscription at $190 per month per user
- Full Dynamics 365 plan for $210 per month per user
Ultimately, the best choice for your Dynamics 365 ERP is based on your business needs, requirements, goals, and future vision with the solution.
What is Rapid Implementation, and why is it the best implementation option?
DemandDynamics offers Rapid Implementation to swiftly and cost-effectively provide critical functionalities, helping your business commence operations promptly. Dynamics 365 F&O Rapid Implementation slashes implementation costs by 50% and halves the timeline for essential functionalities. This allows for significant cost savings and a faster return on investments. Reach out to us today to unlock the full potential of the DemandDynamics Rapid Implementation plan.