Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Operations is an application that connects key business processes such as sales, resourcing, project management, and finance teams. The connectivity helps accelerate project delivery and improve overall business profitability. In addition, it empowers businesses so that they thrive in the ever-changing digital landscape and adapt to new business conditions.
Dynamics 365 Project Operations is powered by the Microsoft Power Platform and provides customers with capabilities to analyze and automate business processes within the organization. It helps businesses manage their project lifecycles, from sales to invoicing and accounting. The analytics feature draws information from the platform to evaluate resource use, availability, gross margins, and project progress.
Dynamics 365 Project Operation and its features
The top features of Dynamics 365 Project Operations help with project success; a few of them are:
- Embedded tools such as Gantt charts, customizable dashboards, and scheduling tools. These tools benefit project managers regardless of the business’s size, industry, and complexity.
- Cost estimate tracking for planned and actual consumption of resources in real-time.
- Built-in analytics tools retrieve real-time data and analyze the overall performance.
Dynamics 365 Project Operations improves the deal management experience and offers the company better chances to close deals in the following ways:
- It offers customizable resources and geography-based costing.
- The application enables users to adapt billing models to create fixed-price and time-and-materials to help meet customer requirements.
- Detailed estimates are essential to deal management, and D365 Project operations provide standard templates to create estimates easily.
- Centralized data is key to personalizing customer engagements and interactions. Dynamics 365 delivers unified sales dashboards through integration with Dynamics 365 Sales.
There must be a clear understanding of resource availability to use the system to its greatest potential. D365 Project operations make it possible in the following ways:
- Visualizes project requirements and resource availability and helps distribute workload and optimize utilization.
- Resource allocation based on the roles and skills of employees helps improve team productivity and the collective quality of projects.
- The application intuitively performs skill-based allocations and displays the availability, which allows the employees to plan their subsequent actions.
Time tracking and expense management
Keeping track of time and expenses within industries such as professional services can be difficult. Out of numerous hurdles during the time and expense tracking, forgetting to log billable hours is a common concern. The following functionalities of D365 Project Operations provide solutions to the difficulties users face:
- The mobile app or browser has options to submit time and expenses actively.
- A user-friendly UI enables businesses to follow time and expense policies.
- Workflow automation with configurable rules makes sure that reporting is accurate.
Access to financial data
Business efficiency and overall performance depend on accessing the correct financial data at the right time, and D365 Project Operations helps improve financial reporting with the following features:
- Revenue recognition in correspondence with international Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) helps the team to follow accounting standards and practices.
- A user-friendly UI accelerates the customer invoice process by updating details quickly.
- Accounting rules allow the team to access project cost and revenue profiles for fixed prices and time-and-materials.
- Dynamics 365 Project Operations integration with D365 Finance help access accounts payable, receivable, and general ledger functionalities.
Benefits of Dynamics 365 Project Operations
- Enhances customer satisfaction
- Improves business agility
- Increases overall business profitability
- Team productivity reaches its pinnacle through active collaboration
- Project managers are equipped with the right tools
- Shortens the sales cycle with clear insights
- Tracks potential sales opportunities
Types of Deployment
There are many deployment options available in Project Operations that satisfy business requirements and support customer needs. It is essential to choose one that best suits the nature of the business.
- Lite deployment
- Project Operations for resource or non-stocked scenarios
- Project Operations for stocked or production order scenarios
Talk to a trusted Microsoft Gold Partner – DemandDynamics
DemandDynamics works with businesses across industries and provides on-demand services for Microsoft Suite applications. As a Microsoft Gold Partner, the team comprises well-trained and certified professionals who deliver excellent solutions within fixed timeframes.
The on-demand services from DemandDynamics work as a pay-as-you-use model where clients are charged only for the service they use.
Please reach out to one of our experts for more information on Dynamics 365 Project Operations and our services.
Need help with a similar project?
Give us a brief of your business challenge, and our representative will reach out to you in no-time to arrange a quick call with our experts.