Businesses today find it more helpful to migrate from Microsoft Dynamics NAV to Business Central. Know why and how it benefits them in real-time.
Why Businesses Migrate from Dynamics NAV to Business Central
Dynamics NAV is a well-known, widely used ERP offering from Microsoft. It provides extraordinary assistance with finance, manufacturing, supply chains, customer relationships, and warehouse management. It adapts easily to small and mid-sized businesses and supports them with automation and their sales, accounting, and stock management module connections. Dynamics NAV is an ERP giant and has endured the test of time due to its flexibility and customizable nature—perfect for any industry or business.
Well over 15,000 companies have set up Business Central as their ERP system. It has caught the attention of all these businesses with its license flexibility, productivity tools and easy-to-use design. With increasingly popular cloud technology new ERP solutions benefit from cloud’s scalability. As a result, Microsoft introduced Dynamics 365 Business Central, a cloud-based ERP system with a wide range of features that facilitates the best end-to-end business management solutions.
How is Dynamics 365 Business Central Different from Dynamics NAV?
Business Central is the cloud version of Dynamics NAV with numerous new features that help businesses adapt to newer technologies and improves productivity and efficiency.
- Dynamics 365 Business Central is web-based with a design that allows easier navigation and better productivity within the business.
- The cloud-based ERP uses AL coding language, which offers more customization and easy upgrades.
- Introduces better integration capabilities with other Microsoft products of the Microsoft Dynamics Suite, which takes the silos out of the equation and further optimizes efficiency.
- Real-time data and business analytics help generate actionable insights and provide a 360-degree view.
- Microsoft’s Dynamics 365 Business Central has bi-annual releases which ensure easy upgrades.
- Microsoft Flow helps improve business processes with the creation and automation of workflows.
- Business Central offers two different license options, monthly subscription and perpetual.
- Both cloud-based solutions and on-premise options are available for Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Reasons to Migrate from NAV to Business Central
Businesses consider a migration from Dynamics NAV to Dynamics 365 Business Central to have a more comprehensive business management solution that can quickly adapt to market trends. The migration checklists specific pointers that make it worth the investment. Below are a few reasons to migrate from Microsoft NAV to Business Central.
- Cost reduction – Infrastructure costs reduce significantly with D365 Business Central. It removes all expenses that pertain to server maintenance with licenses that start at £6 per user per month.
- Facilitates remote work culture – The rise of the pandemic indeed witnessed an increase in remote work culture. A migration to Business Central makes it easier for employees to work from home and access data from their current locations. High security and disaster recovery features make this set-up safe.
- New functionalities – A Dynamics NAV to Business Central migration leads to new functionalities such as AI and cash-flow management.
- Collaborative strength – Business Central integrates well with a wide range of Microsoft 365 applications, which businesses commonly use, and that helps improve productivity.
- Scalable – The AL code of Business Central makes customization more effortless, and the solution is scalable, which plays a part in overall business growth. It keeps expenses minimal by reducing the number of licenses when and where required.
- Decision making – There is a significant improvement in decision-making with new insights.
Power your Migration with the Right Partner
DemandDynamics is a Microsoft Gold partner that works with businesses across various industries. Experts at DemandDynamics take the time to understand your business inside and out before providing plans and solutions. Our experienced team has successfully managed numerous migrations from Dynamics NAV to Business Central. When it comes to costs, DemandDynamics is popular among clients for our on-demand services that feature a pay-as-you-use model, which means you pay only for the services and the time utilized. Talk to our Experts!…