Microsoft has recently announced many upgrades for its cloud apps suite as part of the 2021 Release Wave 1.
Table of Contents
What’s new in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales in 2021? – New and planned Dynamics 365 Sales Features
Microsoft has recently announced many upgrades for its cloud apps suite as part of the 2021 Release Wave 1. Microsoft is focusing on adding productivity enhancements for sellers and providing access to data-driven insights for decision-making. Updates to the mobile app aim to enhance the mobile experience for sellers on the go.
As an undisputed leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, Dynamics 365 Sales empowers organizations with data and intelligence. It consistently helps organizations understand customer needs, drive relevant engagements, and enhance sales efficiency.
This blog explores some of the most exciting upgrades planned for Dynamics 365 Sales features 2021 Release Wave 1.
2021 Feature Enhancements for Dynamics 365 Sales
Automation and adaptive sequences to sell smarter
- The upgrade includes automation features like sequence automation and forks.
- These enable automatic activity execution and smart next-step selection based on triggers.
- You can add a listener for email engagement, phone conversations, or meetings.
Smooth integration of varied communication providers
- Now, easily integrate your telephony provider with out-of-the-box functionalities.
- Organizations interact with their customers in various ways, often relying on an on-premises telephony system.
- Sales teams utilize this system for conducting audio conversations.
- This feature update captures conversations in various formats and quality, aligning with cultural or regulatory reasons.
- It provides insights during video calls, analyzes and extracts business insights from multiple-participant calls, and supports online meetings.
- You can answer calls within Dynamics 365.
Improvements to forecasting and predictive scoring
- The custom fiscal calendar support feature offers extended capabilities for forecast managers.
- Your team can select a custom fiscal period that aligns with their business needs.
- You can add an extra week at the end of any period to account for leap years.
Intuitive mobile experience
- Microsoft has introduced an intuitive mobile experience for sellers.
- This experience provides up-to-date information and insights about deals, accounts, and contacts.
- The mobile experience integrates with AI and provides easy access to files, notes, emails, and more.
- The new mobile experience has features such as real-time login and information sharing, transcription of Microsoft Teams customer calls or online meetings, efficient activity management, and access to LinkedIn information integrated with AI.
New pipeline manager workspace
- The new pipeline manager workspace provides an optimized and user-centric experience.
- It empowers sellers to keep their pipeline healthy effectively.
New features in the pipeline manager workspace
- Ability to customize and configure the record side panel form: You can customize and configure the record side panel form. It serves as a streamlined representation of a form delivered through a side panel in the pipeline management workspace. Organizations will be able to customize the record side panel form to fit their unique business requirements.
- Advanced editable grid to update deals with the ability to personalize columns: This feature updates deals with personalized columns. It offers inline field editing, filtering, sorting, searching, and data reordering in the grid. Sellers can show or hide columns, add new columns, view aggregations for numeric columns, and perform business logic on-grid actions.
- Enhanced productivity with new record side panel form: The new record side panel form enhances productivity. It provides quick and easy access to opportunity records, allowing updates without navigating away or losing context.
- Enhanced workspace experience with Sales Insights: It offers relationship and predictive opportunity scores and other insights for quick actions. Additionally, it provides scores for sales insights, relationships, and predictive opportunities. This feature enhances the overall experience and provides valuable insights.
- Interactive visual charts that sellers can personalize: This feature allows users to view opportunities quickly in a visual representation. Sellers can gain insights and filter through opportunities using out-of-the-box charts.
Increase your Sales with the improved Dynamics 365 for Sales
Dynamics 365 Sales has been consistent in enabling many organizations to simplify their existing sales efforts and improve their productivity. The latest Dynamics 365 Sales Feature upgrades empower sales teams to achieve better results. Stay tuned for Microsoft Ignite 2021 updates to learn more about the planned Wave 1 Updates for April 2021.