Migrating from AX to Dynamics 365 improved staff efficiency by up to 50% and enhanced operational efficiency.
Upgrading from Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365 – 5 steps to seamlessly upgrade to Dynamics 365
Many Dynamics AX users swiftly upgraded to Dynamics 365 cloud-based solutions to outpace the competition after its launch. Businesses are leveraging Dynamics 365’s best-in-class features to improve financial visibility and profitability as Microsoft AX versions become obsolete.
Upgrading to Dynamics 365 from Dynamics AX offers various benefits, including cost savings, modern user infrastructure, and customizable cloud implementation.
Table of Contents
Why should you upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics 365?
Forrester’s study found a 3.4% reduction in total ownership costs for ERP with Dynamics 365, including licensing, infrastructure, and IT labor.
According to Forrester’s study, Dynamics 365 resulted in a 3.4% reduction in total ownership costs for ERP. This includes licensing, infrastructure, and IT labor.
Migrating from AX to Dynamics 365 improved staff efficiency by up to 50% and enhanced operational efficiency. The migration also enabled organizations to become more flexible, making adapting to the changing environment easier. Compared to on-premises business solutions like AX, organizations using Dynamics 365 have consistently reported superior financial returns.
Benefits of upgrading to Dynamics 365:
- Reduced system ownership and licensing cost – When you upgrade to Dynamics 365 online, you save time, money, and resources. Improve productivity as employees and teams connect in real-time during the migration from a CapEx to an OpEx model. With Dynamics 365, you will never pay more for licenses, as flexible licensing options are at your fingertips.
- Automated system updates – Microsoft provides automated and regular updates, ensuring teams work with the latest software version and cutting-edge features. Dynamics 365 undergoes a continuous 2-wave release cycle each year in which online customers receive significant updates in the months of April and October.
- Improve security, privacy, and reliability – Microsoft stores your critical business data in highly secure, state-of-the-art data centers. Due to a 99.9% uptime service-level agreement, your data will always be available when you need it (SLA).
- Enable scalability and flexibility – Dynamics 365 enables scalability and flexibility, allowing businesses to expand without costly IT infrastructure modifications.
- Reduction of risks and costs of running a legacy application – Dynamics 365 fits today’s fast-paced, information-driven corporate environment. Microsoft wholly maintains Dynamics 365, which is available through Microsoft’s partner ecosystem, making maintenance and support more affordable and convenient.
- Easily transition to the cloud – Transitioning to the cloud with Dynamics 365 empowers companies to innovate and automate operations in real time, fostering agility. Access automatic Microsoft updates and critical business data anywhere, anytime by integrating Dynamics 365 with third-party APIs.
- Adapt to your business needs – Customize Dynamics 365 to meet your business needs by leveraging pre-built applications from Microsoft and select partners on Microsoft AppSource. You can also use the Microsoft Power Platform to create apps and configure them to meet your company’s specific needs.
- Get in-depth analytics powered by AI – Unlock new possibilities with AI-powered analytics using Power BI, Cortana Intelligence Suite, and advanced analytics capabilities in Dynamics 365.
5 Steps to upgrade from Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365:
Explore the next steps or upgrade seamlessly from Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365 with our curated 5-step guide.
Step 1: The upgrade process usually starts with a review of the existing AX system.
Conduct an in-depth review of your Dynamics AX solution to determine precise update requirements for the deployment team. During this step, your deployment team should review the transition of licenses, budgeting, and functional and technical recommendations.
Step 2: Determine options for implementation and risks involved.
Following the review, the implementation team would propose the next steps for the implementation. Establish a thorough plan and statement of work by conducting an upgrade review that includes architecture configuration, customizations, and interfaces.
Step 3: Initiation of the Dynamics 365 upgrade process.
Perform thorough investigation and evaluation before accomplishing auto or manual code migration and data migration. The deployment team also needs to conduct code refactoring and reconfiguration of development and security roles.
Step 4: Testing the Dynamics 365 functionality and training users.
Run migration tests for interfaces and BI/Reporting to ensure their correct functionality before going live with the upgrade. Conduct user acceptability testing and provide training to employees for their specific job duties to facilitate change management.
Step 5: Implementation of Dynamics 365 and support post-implementation.
Successfully complete the analysis and testing stages before going live with Microsoft Dynamics 365. Receive ongoing assistance from service providers after the Dynamics 365 implementation to support your solution and resolve any challenges.
Upgrade from Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365 with the right implementation partner!
Although upgrading from AX to Dynamics 365 might seem simple from the above steps, it can be time-consuming. Therefore, having the right partner to help you upgrade to Dynamics 365 quickly and seamlessly is crucial.
Our consultants at DemandDynamics are experts in upgrading solutions to Dynamics 365. Review your existing AX system, design a customized plan, and ensure a successful Dynamics 365 upgrade with our assistance.
For any assistance on upgrading from Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365, talk to our expert Dynamics 365 team!